Saturday 2 April 2011

Mount Langi Ghiran Cliff Edge Shiraz

Date: 2 April, 2011
Who: Chambo
What: 2004 Mount Langi Ghiran Cliff Edge Shiraz, Grampians
Purchased: cellar door, around $25-30, I think (purchased mid 2008)
Food: none yet; drinking while cooking French onion soup!
Comments: I bought this alongside their top label, the Langi Shiraz, and put both away in the cellar although had a couple of bottles of this one early doors as mid week types.  To be honest, I thought it was ok but didnt knock my socks off.  Now, I'm really pleased with it and it is one of the wines that has tought me that you dont need to pay top dollar on bottles to cellar.  It has grown massively.  Really savoury nose, white pepper etc.  Big-ish in the mouth with nice dark fruits but the thing here is the finish.  Great length and sort of sticks around with a fine, supple (?!) mouthfeel. I had decanted for an hour before I had the first glass.  It is now 2 hours later...

No comments:

Post a Comment